Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Every day . . .

is a beautiful day in Santiago! Something like, 355 days without rain here per year? The sky is blue (albeit smoggy) and it´s just nice. Trying to work on the tan, but the nose and neck burns from aconcagua are still tender.

I met my friend Macarena for coffee-breakfast this morning. She is originally from Santiago, but is with her husband in Chapel Hill for business school; he is a first year. Macarena leaves today for the states - que triste - but we squeezed in a little visit. Our whole conversation was in Spanish! I´m sure mine was terrible, but I understood most all of what she said. Of course she slowed her speech down A LOT for me, as Santaguinos talk very quickly and drop the ¨s¨ from the end of words. Still we had a great time and she showed me a new part of the city.

1 comment:

LizrdGizrd said...

Blake! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! I'm totally envious! Make sure you come back and give us the lowdown on your trip via a nice dinner...perhaps at our house...See ya! Joy