Thursday, September 17, 2009

A way to tie it down . . .

As the past twelve weeks have passed, a joy has bubbled up within my soul! Adam Barefoot Brookshire, my son, is a miracle from God who never has ceased to amaze me. Understanding that his flesh and blood is a miracle in and of itself, the upwelling of emotions and shift in our being that his presence has created is . . . indescribable. As each day passes, and I am opened up to a new world of friendship, inward instinct, and a whole new kind of love, I marvel at the gift with which our Lord has blessed us.

Not only is he a marvelous gift in and of himself, he makes me recognize the blessings of my precious childhood, my wonderful family, and my beloved husband. All of it takes on a new significance, welling up inside me where I can hardly believe it! I can only describe it as . . . a heart so full.

No comments: